Glen E. and Rita K. Roney Bone and Joint Institute
The Glen E. and Rita K. Roney Bone and Joint Institute is the largest comprehensive orthopaedic practice in Central Texas. There is an escalating need for orthopaedic care in Central Texas due to:
- Growth in population, especially among those 65 and older
- Innovations and expanded insurance coverage causing a dramatic increase in orthopaedic patient volume
- Advancement of inpatient procedures moving to outpatient arena
- Current facilities have not kept pace with the volume of patients requiring care
Demand for services is expected to double by 2020, and Scott & White has created a dedicated facility to care for patients’ multifaceted musculoskeletal needs.The new Roney Institute gives you and your family:
- Less wait time for procedures
- Convenience and easy access to the Outpatient Surgery Center and the Pain Clinic
- Single location for all orthopaedic subspecialties
- Advanced equipment and techniques
- Subspecialists collaborating to provide the best solutions
- Specialized expertise to address each particular musculoskeletal need
- First coordination outpatient orthopaedic program in Central Texas
In addition to offering services focused on eight clusters of musculoskeletal care, the new 75,000-square-foot facility on the Scott & White Memorial Hospital campus in Temple also houses post-acute support services, such as physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.
Financial support from the entire community is necessary to ensure the facility has the most advanced diagnostic equipment, as well as support for graduate medical education and leading-edge research .To make this much-needed and extraordinarily valuable resource a reality, the Scott & White Healthcare Foundation has launched a $6 million capital campaign to help fund this project.
- Groundbreaking: May 2012
- Grand Opening: November 2013
- Fundraising goal: $6 million
For more detailed information on how you can support this endeavor, contact the Scott & White Healthcare Foundation.
You can also make a secure, online donation to support the Scott & White Roney Bone and Joint Institute.
Roney Institute Grand Opening
Ways to Give
Make a difference at Scott & White through our Corporate Circle and Children’s Miracle Network programs.
Learn about Scott & White Foundation Partners and how grants help fund valuable research and education initiatives.
Support Scott & White through your estate and explore opportunities to both give and receive.
Support Scott & White through annual gifts that go immediately to support our areas of greatest need and current fundraising opportunities.
Scott & White alumni support the ideals and future of Scott & White and healthcare innovation.
Honor the legacy of a friend or loved one by making a gift to Scott & White in their honor or memory.